(01-01-2026, 01:21 PM)VexNg wrote(01-01-2026, 09:21 AM)redogg wrote Try without vulkan option. Install dxvk from github manually with d3d9.dll thats what i did
I also dont think dxvk is being appiled when using vulkan option, corrent me if im wrong
And.. the game runs very well on directx, if you crash, you need to find the cause which its workshop probably, dxvk will not magically fix such problems.
About visual reborn, theres no longer such issues of addons causing the game to crash because visuals was injected. Your game will crash anyways
To use DXVK, you need to replace the dxvk_d3d9.dll in the Bin folder with the one from the manually installed DXVK (downloaded from GitHub), then copy dxgi.dll to the game's main directory, and finally add the -vulkan launch option—only then will DXVK take effect.
If you don’t include -vulkan in the launch options, DXVK won’t work. When you try entering Mat_info in the console, the ShaderAPI will show DX9 mode. To confirm a successful DXVK installation, the ShaderAPI should display either Shaderapivk or an entry labeled Active API: VULKAN.
Additionally, I’ve tried running the game without loading DXVK, and it runs perfectly fine with the Visual Reborn mod.
I tried to install dxvk 1.10.3 as i told you before just by dragging d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll, maybe few more files, i dont fully remember and it made my game run worse, like 100 fps less. I didnt check the mat_info thing but im pretty sure it was working because i switched it back and forth multiple times for testing
And i know this dxvk version is old, not sure it appiles to newer versions. I assume you run 2.4.1 or newer no?
And i think 1.10.3 runs the best on this game

